What are you going to do
Your mission will be to take care of our innovation centre like it's your own home and make it look smart, welcoming and smooth, providing an experience to customers they will not forget and help us build a great place to work.
D.edge is AkzoNobel's digital innovation hub. It's a place where people come to learn, discover, build and test new products and services using technology and new ways of working. Our digital innovation team at AkzoNobel is looking for a Hospitality Intern to join our growing international team and help us create the best experience for people who come and work at D.edge.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Frontline dealing with incoming guests for workshops and large-scale events, ensuring that visitors have the best possible experience when entering D.edge and after;
- Looking after D.edge working areas, ensuring that they are always welcoming, efficient and people know how to work with the technologies we display here;
- Supporting the design team of D.edge in building projects and streamlining operations. Incorporate best practices from the hospitality industry;
- Manage and maintain booking requests, replying to email queries from stakeholders or suppliers;
- Maintain relationships with the community in which we operate in B.amsterdam;
- Assist and support the team in organizing digital meet-ups, events, or sessions at D.edge and Akzonobel;
- Share and create promotional materials for events that take place at D.edge through our internal social media channels;
- Develop an innovation lab hospitality concept and improvement report based on user research which may be part of the interns' student research project.
What we offer
- There is a basic compensation during the internship of € 500-700, depending on your study, a personal learning program and professional coaching.
- We're offering a flexible schedule and an opportunity to gain experience in a fun, dynamic, international and flexible environment.
- The role will begin immediately and will be 3-6 months in duration.
What we ask:
- Minimaal een hbo-diploma; The successful candidate may be enrolled in a university or college course in the fields of Hospitality Management, Event Management, Business Management, Service Design Management.
- Demonstrates initiative, a natural curiosity and capability to be in charge of the project;
- Has experience and affinity with delivering customer service in any industry and keeps a positive NPS (Net Promotor Score);
- A neat and organized person with attention to detail that will create delightful customer experiences and create set-ups of high standards;
- A skilled- multitasker able to create structure, overview and implement processes that will improve how the team works at D.edge;
- Proven to solve problems in real time, creating workarounds and can work under high pressured environments;
- Ability to introduce and suggest new digital tools that will improve the way we work as a team.
- Are familiar with health and safety aspects;
- Are passionate about digital technologies, social media, and not afraid to experiment with digital gadgets.
If you are interested, please send a CV and short cover via the 'Apply' button.
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Flexa, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. The sale of our Specialty Chemicals business is expected to be completed by the end of 2018.
- Education Level
- HBO, Universiteit
- Working hours per week
- 36 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Stage, Afstudeerstage
- Salary indication
Tussen €500 en €700 Per maand
- Responsible for
- Digital Innovation Hub